After taking an unexpectedly long hiatus in 2021 i’m finally back in business.
Making Venus Guild still is a big challenge but i’ve made some progress in January. To give everybody who is still following the project a better clue of what’s going on, i’ve actualized the task-list and gave venusguild.com a small update.
It shows that v0.0.9.x is a monster. I really underestimated that ‘Polishing’ part.
I’m currently working on scene 3 of the first chapter. Over time i came up with some story changes that need to be implemented too. There’s even more stuff to do but after all, i’m getting closer to the finished Pre-Alpha.
I really do my best to make a release date this year possible. That truly would be nice. So stay in the Venus Guild and check back soon. Thanks for your patience.
Tonight i’ve reached another milestone by finishing 0.0.7, the feature update. It was the heaviest update so far. Some of the game features of this version, like the wardrobe or the world map, i already mentioned in recent posts. But there’s even more! Will talk about all that soon enough 😉
Anyways, for the graphical update, which is v0.0.8, i will need to invest countless sleepless nights again. I need to create and render all the character sprites and bonus materials. That also requires 3D-modeling of clothes and other stuff. And i’m thinking of adding some fancy animations to the gui, to make the game really look cool.
Oh, did i mention that i’m also working on an original soundtrack for Venus Guild? No? Yes, i do! I’m thinking of some sweet piano melodies, combined with tasty electro beats, very classy 🙂
But don’t let us go too much into detail for now. I still have enough time to fill this blog with info and stuff. I’m hoping to have 0.0.8 ready in December, but that’s quite optimistic…
Thanks for reading! I’m looking forward to your reply 😉
In the last post i’ve made a joke about deleting the code half way through, and that’s exactly what happened 🙂
And that’s one of the reasons it took 2 months to finish v0.03 of the 2D Porn and Click Sexventure Game i’m making. I tried a new file structure and totally messed everything up. I lost a lot of time until i realized that going back to the old system and simply re-organizing it would be a better way.
Also i’ve started to develop a quest system and a more advanced way to handle the dialogue panels. The game should not be too complicated, but not too simple/linear as well. It’s still a long way to find the right balance but that’s what the pre-alpha is for.
0.04 in the works
The main topic of 0.04 is to create the main menu, sub menus and additional ‘quality of life’ stuff, which also includes some graphical work and the website.
I’m already preparing for 0.05, the Sybil-Update. But more about that later.
To everybody who is already interested in the game, many thanks for your support! Check back later.
Guys, i’ve made some good progress during the last weeks. Today i’ve finished developing v0.02 of “The Game” and i want to let you know what it means and which will be the next steps.
Scene 1 is almost ready. All the dialogues and game mechanics are done and working, it’s great to see how everything comes together. Of course, some things are still missing, because they only can be added later.
Finishing Scene 2. It starts with a complete overhaul of the 3D-Location, its objects, shaders and everything. Then i mount the scene in Unity and write the code. Most likely i will delete it half the way, because i found a better way. Don’t worry, that’s just normal 🙂
I’ve decided about the game’s original title and registered a proper website url. Pre-Website is also in the works and will go online 2 or 3 weeks before the first playable version, probably v0.08/v0.09 if i can believe my production plan.
For the quick overview i’ve added a task-list to the sidebar. Many thanks for your interest. Stay tuned.