Happy new year! I hope you’re doing well and looking forward to the first playable versions of the Venus Guild Game that will be released this year.
Talking about the Pre-Alpha, i’m still working hard on the development, rendering sprites like crazy, fix bugs, add features. VG is coming nicely together, but i won’t make the mistake to release it too early, even when the first version is “only” meant to be a demo.
What happened to Luisa3D.com?
After 5 years, the Luisa B. online comic is no longer under development. I have no ressources left over to continue that project. The domain redirects to venusguild.com as i want to make sure that Luisa’s fans learn everything about the new project.
The comics may come back at one day in the future, but for now VG is all i can think of. And don’t worry, because after all, Luisa is the star in Venus Guild as well!
A new story
I also want to tell a new story in Venus Guild. The game is not a new episode in the Dreams of Luisa/Luisa B. saga. It’s the same universe, yes, but the game should pretty much work as a stand-alone. By saying that, it makes no sense to have the comics still online…
Maybe i’m overthinking this point, but i also must say that the click rates really were on an all-time-low. That’s another reason to start something really new, something really cool 🙂
Thanks for your understanding and support! Make sure to check back soon, follow me on twitter (@VenusGuild) and have a great time.
Only a few days after 0.03 i’ve finished the “Menu Update” Pre-Alpha 0.04.
This update includes a nice Start Screen and main Menu-Functionality like New Game, Continue, Quit, as well as in-game mechanics like switching between scenes without losing progress and score. And going back to the start screen from within the game.
When i write “nice Start Screen” it means nothing less than the face of the game, the first impression the player gets. So it’s a pretty important thing to do, but i think i came up with a cool logo and design. I’ve been working on it for a while.
Anyway, all of this may not sound too hard to make, but i also created the GUI with all its original buttons and icons. I can’t wait to show it to you!
And i feel sorry that i only post text walls since months… No new render, nothing. But this will change in a little while!
…because i’ve almost finished the website too!
It’s a mobile-first (the game won’t be perfect for mobile, tho) one-pager with all the important information right on the startpage. But i also want to add a FAQ-Section and put together a package for the press and content creators.
Last not least i need to update my patreon page in an appealing way before the game’s homepage goes online, so that everything fits nicely together.
In the last post i’ve made a joke about deleting the code half way through, and that’s exactly what happened 🙂
And that’s one of the reasons it took 2 months to finish v0.03 of the 2D Porn and Click Sexventure Game i’m making. I tried a new file structure and totally messed everything up. I lost a lot of time until i realized that going back to the old system and simply re-organizing it would be a better way.
Also i’ve started to develop a quest system and a more advanced way to handle the dialogue panels. The game should not be too complicated, but not too simple/linear as well. It’s still a long way to find the right balance but that’s what the pre-alpha is for.
0.04 in the works
The main topic of 0.04 is to create the main menu, sub menus and additional ‘quality of life’ stuff, which also includes some graphical work and the website.
I’m already preparing for 0.05, the Sybil-Update. But more about that later.
To everybody who is already interested in the game, many thanks for your support! Check back later.
Guys, i’ve made some good progress during the last weeks. Today i’ve finished developing v0.02 of “The Game” and i want to let you know what it means and which will be the next steps.
Scene 1 is almost ready. All the dialogues and game mechanics are done and working, it’s great to see how everything comes together. Of course, some things are still missing, because they only can be added later.
Finishing Scene 2. It starts with a complete overhaul of the 3D-Location, its objects, shaders and everything. Then i mount the scene in Unity and write the code. Most likely i will delete it half the way, because i found a better way. Don’t worry, that’s just normal 🙂
I’ve decided about the game’s original title and registered a proper website url. Pre-Website is also in the works and will go online 2 or 3 weeks before the first playable version, probably v0.08/v0.09 if i can believe my production plan.
For the quick overview i’ve added a task-list to the sidebar. Many thanks for your interest. Stay tuned.